Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 30, 2011

#32 Part 2: The Wedding Remembered

The wedding of Pixie and Dardevil Romano was the most beautiful wedding I have ever had the pleasure of attending on grid.  The scenery was amazing, the bride was gorgeous, the groom handsome, wedding party immaculately put together. And the cherry on top?...Everything went over without one little hiccup! Nothing..I do mean NOTHING fell apart. 
 (They are certainly not me, (lol), because I'm sure that any wedding of mine would be a laggy mooshy mess.)

If you have read my previous blogs, then you know that Pixie Honey is a sweet long-time friend of mine.  She has been a co-author of one of my first hair blogs. She is a constant support to this blog and an unwavering friend.
So of course, I have to share with you her wonderful wedding!

And our story begins:



I was one of the first to arrive and I took a seat in the front row on the bride's side.  When we arrived we saw Bender Hendrassen (best man)and Dardevil Romano (groom)  standing in front, waiting for the event to begin. Ben kept offering his flask to Dar, but Dar was on his own "happy-juice"....nice try Ben! Ha!


The wedding scene was lovely. And each attendant was glamorized and so well put together!

The Bridesmaids were adorned perfectly! Each of them carrying bouquet's of flowers in the brides favorite colors. They walked down the isle to "It's you" by Michelle Branch.


Our first glimpse at the bride was breath-taking as she joined her very best friend and Maid of honor Rayna Gorham-Hendrassen, at the rear entry-way. She waited quietly for the march to begin, as the song "This I promise you" by Ronan Keating began to play.



 Poised and gracefully she walked down the isle as the song played on. 


Then Pixie joined in front with her fiance'.  The officiator, Juliet Moonshadow, began the ceremony. 


Juliet Moonshadow: Welcome everyone, we have gathered here today to witness Pixie and Dardevil join each other in the blessed union of marriage. Their love is a celebration and this ceremony is to bond them in that love forever.
 "Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.
When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves.
We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost.
That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence."


(and this blogger begins to cry...)

As the ceremony progresses, our Bride and groom exchange their own vows:


  Juliet Moonshadow: Pixie, please go ahead.
 Pixie Honey: Dar, you've always been my 'fortunate accident', the part of me that I never knew I was missing. Once we met, it didn't take long for you to find your way into my heart and before I knew it you had me completely in love with you. You are my reason to smile everyday, you never fail to make me feel special. You understand all my faults like nobody else could, yet you never ask me to be anything more then I am, instead you love me just for being me. My promise to you today, is to always try to show you just how much you mean to me, to always be there through any bad day, to always trust and support you, and to love you completely. I promise to always be your princess, your Pixie. I love you Dar, you are my home.

 Juliet Moonshadow: Dardevil, please go ahead.
Dardevil Romano squeezes Pixie's hand and looks deep into her beautiful blue eyes.

Dardevil Romano: "Someone once said, 'We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.' I've found my perfect person in you. I promise to strive to make you feel everyday, as special as you feel today. I will always be the rock you can lean on, the beacon of light when all else is dark. I never thought it was possible to say, but since I met you I know that I can promise to love you more everyday from this day forward. Most of all, I promise to be faithful, honest and cherish you every day of our lives.  I make these promises as a commitment to our lives together, which can be summed up in a final quote, 'Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.' With you, I know I have a partner in love and in life with whom I can hold hands and walk side by side into the future, whatever it may hold."

(yeah i know...i cried the whole blasted time...good thing that the "glow studio's" eyeliner didn't smudge)





The kiss was EPIC! Time stopped and stood still for moments as we all watched him take her in his arms and kiss his Wife for the very first time.



And they turned to the crowd to see their friends in their first moments as man and wife.


Once at the reception, the Bride and Groom took the floor for their first dance. Dancing to the song "Feels like home" by Chantal Kreviazuk, while their friends watched quietly.

The reception was a huge party with live singers such as : Saintess Larnia, Lexus Melodie, ZDiva Sorbet, Chandra Deed, Clarice Karu, Taunter Goodnight, Krisie Snowdrop, JustinElias Anatra, and RB Hamelin.  We partied well into the night!



*Raises her glass*  Here's wishing this happy couple every happiness in EVERY world for all time to come! 

 (oh and since this is a fashion blog....here is what our bride was wearing!)

Style card for the gorgeous BRIDE:
Hair:  *Truth* Odette- Oasis
Hair Flower: *Artilleri* Hibi Hair Flower in Yellow
Necklace and Earrings:  *Burroughs* Falling in love  (Color change) Jewelry note: Bride chose White gold with topaz stones
Bracelet: *Alyssa Bijoux* Diamond engraved link hearts
Bracelet: *Burroughs* Premium Bianca Bracelet (in white gold with Coral and yellow pearls)
Wedding/engagement rings; *Zuri's Eternity Bonded Wedding Rings
Dress:  *Son!a* Lilian Bride (White)
Shoes: *Maitreya* Gold: Foxy pearl
Headpiece:  *Kimiko* K Jewelry:  Flower headpiece


Until next time..............your sappy cry-baby blogger........♥ Ame

No comments: